Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Jan 1, 2013...just a little late

So, I took my picture today. Had some thoughts. And got sidetracked by a project. I told Stein I would make him a pencil holder. Well, it's now January and the school year is half gone. But here I was tonight, making him a pencil holder. It is 90% done, now that I've ripped apart the zipper. I so, should have looked at the tutorial before I just plowed through it. I so like doing zippers by turning the lining inside out. Not so much by top stitching it into place. I know I shouldn't be too concerned, figuring with all the use it's going to get over the next 6 months but still, it would be nice if it at least lasted until June.

Anyway, my picture is of the chicken apron I made today. Kari has been noticing that two of the original hens are getting too much attention and they are missing some feathers on their backs. Now, they might be molting as well, but I figured I would make some aprons eventually and that eventually became today. 

Well, I thought I would be able to upload my picture. Hmm. It was inspired by this. 

chicken saddle


Ok...so I am quickly learning that I need more education on how to make a working, readable blog with pictures and links. :)

Time will take care of that...after all I have 364 more days this year to get it right!



*Updated 1/2/13
Here are the pictures of the original aprons I made. I made some adjustments to them after Eric tried to put it on mama hen. I have no idea if she kept it on all day, but I'll try to remember to check tomorrow. If it works, then I'll make another one for the other mama hen and probably some extra ones, just in case. Will post the revised one tomorrow. :)


This is the first ever piping I made for Stein's pencil case...nope not done yet, but hopefully tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment