Friday, January 18, 2013

My life through pictures

I can't believe how fast time goes by as always. Here's a glimpse into the past 10 dayish.

Monday, January 7
 
 
This was my initial sketch of my modern medallion quilt. After looking at numerous pictures on flickr, I knew I needed a simpler color palatte.

Tuesday, January 8
 
 
The McDonalds on Northlake is under construction, but it is up and running. Amazing people working in the rain. I needed my coffee to go to the quilt shop & sit for four hours.
 


 
Sea of Tranquility Block of the Month class. I just realized today, that I misplaced my instructions for this BOM. Good thing I'm going to the quilt shop tomorrow. I need to remember to ask for another copy.
 

 
 This is the red & white one we'll be working on. I LOVE it.

Kari is in a jumping position...learning how to jump! I'm amazed.

 
Wednesday, January 9
 
 

These are my colors for the modern medallion quilt.  I purchased some at the LQS and some at JoAnns. I love these colors. I was considering going turquoise & brown or turquoise & pink...but white just seemed fresh.


Yep, needed to do another sketch with colored pencils...a little more true to form and to scale.
 
 
 Kari learning how to skate one one foot. :)

Thursday, January 10

 
Eric made it back home. He was working in Opa Locka on Monday & Tuesday and he was in Vero Beach & Ocala on Wed & Thurs. We went to Dockside grille for dinner when he came home on Thurs night.
 
Friday, January 11
 
 
Eric & Kari collected eggs before Eric went to work. It looks like they didn't collect any on Thursday!
 

Yep, that was supposed to be my dinner. Stein's leftover hamburger from Dockside grille. Thief!  Kari is holding the jar of Alton Brown's hot cocoa mix that we made. She's going to Kayla's for another smore night.


Mine! Mine! I made this! It's not as pretty as the demo, but it is definitely pretty!
 
 
Sunday, January 14
 
 
Yep, these are the chairs I want to replace our white plastic ones with.

Tuesday, January 16


Yes, Eric's cafe con leche is more fru fru than mine! 


Wednesday, January 17

 
Been going to Panera Bread for over 4 years. I had no idea that there was a steak & bleu cheese salad on the menu. I actually liked my spinach power salad better though with my roast beef sandwich.
 
 
Took a picture of the egret walking on the bushes. Quite cute.
 

Basted the medallion to the white sparkly fabric...couldn't decide on the pearle thread to use.

 
Used the pearle #5 thread last night. Was totally inspired by Heather getting hers done.  Can't wait to go to the needlepoint shop tomorrow to see if I can find other colors of pearle #8 thread.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You've been busy. I'm impressed that you've finished stitching your medallion. I'm only halfway and my stitches are awful!!
    E

    ReplyDelete