Monday, January 7, 2013

Jan. 7, 2013

Monday night

School starts tomorrow. Yeah! After having 2 weeks off, I'm ready to have a schedule again. Stein even packed all of his pencils into his new pencil case. Now, he wants a blue flame one...have to keep my eye out at joann's & see what I can come up with.

We picked up Eric from the airport on Friday. He came home bearing gifts. :)



Kari then went to Kayla's house for campfire & smores in the evening.

On Saturday, I thought I was doing so good by having coupons for the girls to go ice skating. Buy one and two get in free. Only to find out that my coupon expired on 12/31. Oops! The girls still went though they let us have one free admission with skates.



And, I signed Kari up for ice skating lessons for the next 8 weeks. I couldn't believe she opted for ice skating instead of flag football with Kayla, since she's been talking about that for a year. Go figure. I have to say that I love the stadium seating upstairs to watch...so much warmer up there & definitely comfortable esp w/wifi.

Our picture for Sat is one where we had to ask Aunt Becky for help on a drawsomething that Cami drew. It makes total sense after we had help. :)



Aunt Becky's hint was it's something sticky you put in your hair.

Today, Kari made more progress on her paint by number that she purchased on Thurs when we were looking for yarn. She's doing a fabulous job. :)



And after being totally jealous of seeing what Heather & Becky chose for their fabrics for the modern medallion quilt, I had to go shopping in my stash to see if anything caught my eye.  So far, this is it. 


I may change my mind after going to the Quilt shop tomorrow for my BOM class, but for now, I'm thinking of alternating rows of turquoise & white with this being my inspiration piece for the middle. It matches nothing in my house, but it does make me smile. :)


Here are a few more fabrics that I pulled from my stash...we'll see what else I can come up with from the LQS & JoAnns this week. One of the white ones is white on white paisley and the other white one is sparkly. One of the blues is sparkly as well.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your colors! turquoise is one of my favorites. :) So glad Kari is taking skating lessons! Way cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it makes you smile. That is the purpose of this buisness we call quilt!
    And I think that you'd have great stitching showing on some of those fabrics. Especially if you used perl in some of the colours from that centre floral/star - pull some yellow, oranges, maybe pink... It'll be really lovely.
    E

    ReplyDelete