Thursday, January 3, 2013

jan. 3, 2013

Thursday.

Back/tailbone is still sore. Caffeine definitely helps, but I so don't want to get addicted to caffeine again. But I'm drinking a cup a day again, so probably at the end of the month, I'll go back to no caffeine & have withdrawals.

Officially signed up for the block of the month quilts at Buttonwood Quilts. So excited. :) That's where I will be on Tuesdays after I drop off the kids at school. They have a red/white one in the morning and then a blue one in the afternoon.

I haven't decided what to do with Stitch-A-Long yet. I want to do it, but that means buying two of the books. I don't have either one from Natalie Bird & I would have to order them from Australia...not that I mind that, but I know I'm going to be busy with my handstitched camp from Stitched in Color and my BOMs at Buttonwoods, but I really want to be involved at the SAL, now that I've been following the blog for over a year. Sigh. I know I can't do it all, but I sure want to! Choices. Darn.

Eric left to go to the Bahamas today. He's fixing a plane & heading back tomorrow, in time to go to work in the evening. :)  We need to replenish the money that we used to buy zippy 2...or chirpy...or pops as we call the Sebring.  At least we're debt free...gotta remember that. debt free. :)

Kids & I went to Panera Bread so I could go to the Christ Fellowship book club. I have been thinking about going for over a year, and finally saw it online again, and decided it was time. With Eric out of town, I brought the kids along, and we had dinner & pastries & hot chocolate & mocha latte. :)

The book we discussed tonight was Dogwood by Chris Fabry. It was a book I read in under 2 days...definitely thought provoking and an easy read. It was an interesting discussion and I can't wait to go back next month. 

The kids & I went to JoAnn's before Panera Bread, looking for some Christmas yarn. Yes, I'm a little late and the Christmas yarn they had wasn't the one I was using. Last winter/spring I was crocheting a granny square, but I hadn't realized until New Year's when I pulled it off the dining room chair, where it has resided for the past 6 months, that I could've bought a couple more skeins and made it about 10-12 inches larger to make it a true lap-size blanket...and so the hunt started for more yarn. I probably should've just bought the yarn at JoAnn's and it would've made a nice border, but I will probably wait until next september when they bring out the christmas yarn again and hope that i can find the "right" yarn. If not, then I'll be adding a border of some sort next fall.

I still plan on signing up for a Bible Study at Christ Fellowship. I realized that I really missed it and being with other people. So many times, I've been home by myself during the day because Eric has been away on work-related trips and that's not good for me. I really need to make myself available to connect with others.

After putting the kids to bed I finished the zipper on Stein's pencil case so it is officially finished. I will ask him tomorrow to choose some more fabric from my stash so I can make him another one to put his markers/colored pencils in.  (Maybe some duck canvas without lining.) I'm pretty sure this one won't fit all of what he carries to school. I did put interfacing in it and I used PUL fabric as the lining. I used this tutorial here which was quite easy to follow other than doing top stitching for the zipper. Oh well. At least it's done & I'm hoping he will like it. :)



I made my first piping ever! So exciting. I may have to do it again. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment